Finely shredded raw golden beets are sweet and crispy; toss them with carrots, bits of dried cherries and a bright lemon dressing. Serve this salad as is or on top of your favorite crispy salad greens for a first course salad. Add a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese for a salty finish.
- Using the food processor, shred the beets and carrots directly into a large mixing bowl. Add scallions, parsley and dried cherries.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- To serve, place a portion of shredded beet salad on top of your favorite greens and garnish with a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese.
- Substitute golden beets for red beets.
- If dried cherries are hard, soften them up by pouring hot water over them and letting them sit for 10 minutes. Drain water and chop into bit sized pieces.