This easy weeknight meal is inspired by the flavors and seasonings commonly used in Greek cuisine. Sweet and spicy undertones of cinnamon and chili combine with tart feta cheese and salty olives in a simple to prepare one pan meal. Substitute spinach for other favorite dark leafy greens, such as kale, escarole or Swiss chard.
Use the 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with your 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
- Add ground beef, oregano, cinnamon, chili powder and salt. Stir to combine and place cover on skillet slightly ajar. Sauté approximately 7 - 10 minutes until beef is cooked through.
- Add tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until lightly browned. Add diced tomatoes and water. Stir to combine.
- Place spinach on top of sautéed meat and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked orzo, olives and feta cheese. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes until contents are hot.
- Taste and add fresh ground pepper. Serve warm.
- Substitute ground beef for ground turkey.
- Substitute orzo for different small shaped pasta or cooked rice.