6 Qt. Grand Gourmet with Cover (Limited Edition)
Saladmaster Food Processor
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Shakshuka a one pot tomato-based dish with eggs, poached in the sauce is popular in Middle East and Northern African cuisines. This green version uses shaved Brussel sprouts and a variety of dark leafy greens as the base.
onion, strung, use Cone #2
Brussels sprouts, shaved, use Cone #4
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
assorted baby greens, kale, arugula, spinach
aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat Grand Gourmet on medium heat for 5 minutes or until water skitters and dissipates
- Saute onion and leeks for 2-3 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, garlic, cumin and salt saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in baby greens a little at a time, tossing to combine with other ingredients until they are all incorporated.
- Make 6 indents in vegetables with back of a spoon. Crack eggs, one at a time into a small bowl and gently pour one egg into each hole. Cover pan with lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Add in diced ham or bacon
- Substitute baby greens for your favorite greens, cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Add in a little spice; minced 1-2 jalapeno pepper and saute with onions.
- Substitute aged balsamic vinegar for a drizzle of yogurt & chopped cilantro..
- Substitute aged balsamic vinegar for a hot sauce or sriracha.