3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
2.5 Qt. (1.49L) Culinary Basket
small mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Tempeh is a versatile and traditional Indonesian food made with fermented soybeans. Tempeh is high in protein and low in fat with a firm texture that grills well. Vapor cooking the tempeh prior to marinating helps the flavors to be absorbed into the tempeh.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
tempeh, organic preferred, cut in half and each half cut in 2 pieces
Sweet Chili Citrus seasoning blend
fresh parsley leaves
fresh cilantro leaves
cloves garlic, peeled
red wine vinegar
fresh oregano leaves (4 g) or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
red onions, minced
dash or two Siracha (optional)
- Place tempeh pieces in culinary basket in a single layer.
- Place 2 cups water in bottom of sauce pan. Attach handles to culinary basket and place basket with tempeh in sauce pan. Cover basket and turn heat to medium.
- When Vapo-Valve™ starts to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- While tempeh is vapor cooking, mix together lemon juice, seasoning blend, olive oil and coconut aminos in a small bowl.
- When tempeh is done vapor cooking, carefully remove tempeh with tongs and place in a shallow bowl. Pour marinade over tempeh, making sure the tempeh is evenly coated. Set aside to marinate while preparing chimichurri, turning tempeh a few times while marinating.
- Place parsley, cilantro and garlic in the bowl of an electric food processor fitted with an S blade. Process until finely chopped.
- With motor running, add red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano and salt. Blend until well combined.
- Add red onions and pulse a few times until combined. Taste and add Siracha sauce, if desired. Transfer chimichurri from food processor to a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove tempeh from marinade and shake off excess. Place tempeh on grill rack and cook for 8 - 12 minutes on each side until charred in spots. Brush extra marinade on tempeh while grilling.
- Serve warm grilled tempeh with chimichurris sauce.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice or long grain brown rice.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.