Tempeh is a versatile and traditional Indonesian food made with fermented soybeans. Tempeh is high in protein and low in fat with a firm texture that grills well. Vapor cooking the tempeh prior to marinating helps the flavors to be absorbed into the tempeh.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
- Place tempeh pieces in culinary basket in a single layer.
- Place 2 cups water in bottom of sauce pan. Attach handles to culinary basket and place basket with tempeh in sauce pan. Cover basket and turn heat to medium.
- When Vapo-Valve™ starts to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- While tempeh is vapor cooking, mix together lemon juice, seasoning blend, olive oil and coconut aminos in a small bowl.
- When tempeh is done vapor cooking, carefully remove tempeh with tongs and place in a shallow bowl. Pour marinade over tempeh, making sure the tempeh is evenly coated. Set aside to marinate while preparing chimichurri, turning tempeh a few times while marinating.
- Place parsley, cilantro and garlic in the bowl of an electric food processor fitted with an S blade. Process until finely chopped.
- With motor running, add red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano and salt. Blend until well combined.
- Add red onions and pulse a few times until combined. Taste and add Siracha sauce, if desired. Transfer chimichurri from food processor to a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove tempeh from marinade and shake off excess. Place tempeh on grill rack and cook for 8 - 12 minutes on each side until charred in spots. Brush extra marinade on tempeh while grilling.
- Serve warm grilled tempeh with chimichurris sauce.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice or long grain brown rice.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.