Seasonal grilled vegetables top off bought pizza dough that is enhanced with garlic and herb seasonings. Top grilled pizza crusts with pesto and vegetables of your choice. Grill vegetables ahead of time and have fun customizing your pizza - the variations are endless.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- Place zucchini, red peppers and mushroom caps in a bowl. Mix oil, vinegar, salt and seasoning blend together in a small bowl. Pour seasoning mixture over vegetables and toss to evenly coat vegetables.
- Place vegetables onto grill rack and cook for 10 - 14 minutes until browned on both sides. Grilling time will vary depending on size of the vegetable.
- Remove vegetables as they are done and place on dish. Set aside.
- Divide pizza dough in half and sprinkle each ball of dough with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend. Knead dough for 1 - 2 minutes to incorporate seasoning blend into dough.
- Place dough balls on lightly floured work surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each piece of dough into an oval, about 12 in. x 8 in., so they fit on grill rack.
- Carefully transfer the pizza dough to rack. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until browned and lightly puffed. Using a spatula carefully turn pizza crust over.
- Place 2 tablespoons of pesto on top of pizza crust, spreading it out to evenly coat crust.
- Arrange half of grilled vegetables on top of crust and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Cook pizza for an additional 2 - 3 minutes until bottom is cooked. Serve pizza warm.
- Use remaining dough, pesto and grilled vegetables to make another pizza, following the same directions.
- Vary pizza toppings: steamed chopped broccoli, sliced tomatoes, grilled onions, olives, chopped fresh spinach, grilled eggplant or other favorites all work well.
- Substitute pesto for traditional pizza sauce and top with fresh sliced or grated mozzarella cheese.
- Add shredded or chopped leftover chicken or cooked chopped shrimp.