Saladmaster Food Processor
4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
large mixing bowl
Culinary Nutritionist and Health Strategist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
There is nothing heartier and more comforting than a chili. With beans, veggies and spices you’ve got a whole meal in one bowl. I would suggest changing up your beans each time or experiment with a few of them at a time - kidney beans and black beans are my favorite! Be sure to eat this chili along side some rustic corn bread!
You can learn more about Marni by visiting her Facebook and Twitter page, or www.marniwasserman.com.
large onion, strung, use Cone #2
celery stock with leaves, finely chopped
large carrot, strung, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
mushrooms, sliced, use Cone #4
organic tomatoes, or 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
organic tomato paste
1 - 2
vegetable stock, water or bean cooking liquid
(240 - 475
fresh or frozen corn (optional)
Filsingers apple cider vinegar
Nude Bee honey
- Put the beans in a bowl and add enough water to cover by 2-inches. Let soak for at least 8 hours. Drain and rinse thoroughly. (Optional)
- Place beans in 4 Qt. Roaster and cover with 2-inches of fresh water (add a strip of kombu). Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 1½ - 2 hours until the beans are tender; stir occasionally. Drain beans, reserving liquid. (Or use 2 large cans of beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly.)
- In 7 Qt. Roaster over medium heat, stir-fry onions, celery, carrots, garlic, mushrooms and cayenne pepper until softened, approximately 7 - 10 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, oregano, parsley, and salt. Cook on low for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, beans and vegetable stock and cook for another 40 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in corn, vinegar, honey and tamari, cook 5 minutes and adjust seasonings. Remove bay leaves before serving.
- The advantage of cooking in Saladmaster Healthy Solutions 316 Ti Cookware is that it is not necessary to pre-soak beans before cooking. Simply wash beans thoroughly before placing in sauce pan or roaster to cook.
- For beans in this chili, you may use kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas or navy beans.
- Prep time will be an extra 2 hours if you’re soaking the beans before cooking.