Individually frozen cod or halibut fish filets are a convenient and nutritious start to a quick meal. Frozen vegetables, white wine, fresh tomato and pantry seasonings complete the dish. This is a light and well balanced entrée, low in calories.
Use the 11 in. Skillet cover with your 10 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Place thawed fish filets in a small dish. Season both sides with herb blend, salt and pepper.
- Process onions and garlic directly into skillet, spreading out to cover bottom of skillet.
- Place tomato slices on top of onions and seasoned fish on top of tomatoes.
- Place frozen vegetables around sides and in between fish.
- Pour wine over top of fish and vegetables.
- Place 11 in. Skillet cover on skillet and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 - 14 minutes until fish is tender and flaky (this will depend on how thick the filets are).
- Remove cover, turn heat to medium, and cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve fish warm with vegetables and a little of skillet juices poured on top. Garnish with fresh chopped scallions or parsley, if desired.
- Frozen vegetable blends are a great way to easily add variety to your meals. Try an Asian-style blend with snow peas, shitake mushrooms and peppers or a California blend with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini.