The Saladmaster Multi-Purpose 5 Qt. Oil Core (MP5) is an electric utensil that no kitchen should be without. Besides being the perfect electric roaster, it can also work as a slow cooker. You can put a chicken, stew, roast or soup in this roaster in the morning when you leave for work and have dinner cooked and ready to eat upon your return. It is also an automatic rice cooker. Set the temperature and time on the electric probe and any meal is simple, easy and fast. Enjoy the following recipe!
- Remove skin from chicken and empty inner cavity. Rinse chicken well, pat dry and place in MP5 breast-side down.
- In medium bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and sesame oil, if using. Blend well.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and cover.
- Set temperature on digital probe to 160°F/70°C and timer for 8 hours.
- When done, place chicken on carving board. With clean hands or disposable gloves, pull meat off the bones - slicing is not required; the meat will simply fall off the bone.
- Through a strainer, pour remaining liquid mixture in the bottom of the MP5 into a creamer or gravy boat. Use as a light gravy over the poultry.
- Serve with jasmine rice and a dark, hearty bread.
- Every kitchen needs a meat thermometer to test the correct internal temperature of the meat you're serving. Chicken should be a minimum of 165°F/75°C.
- Using the slow-cook method, the meat will fall right off the bone - no slicing required.
- You can cook a whole chicken faster in the MP5 when cooked at a higher temperature. For example, preheat MP5 at 375°F/190°C. Place chicken in MP5, cover and reduce heat to 225°F/105°C and cook for 1 hour.