Sambal kacang is a popular Indonesian sauce or condiment that is served with many dishes. Pair it with beef or chicken satay, dumplings, fried tofu, vegetables, steamed fish, meatballs or grilled vegetables. Traditionally this sauce is made with peanuts. Substitute peanuts for peanut butter for a quick, delicious and thick sauce.
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a small sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion, garlic and chili pepper for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Whisk in peanut butter, coconut milk and soy sauce. Turn heat to low and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Taste and add lime juice according to your taste, serve warm or at room temperature
- Adjust amount of chilis according to how hot you like your sauce. Substitute chili’s for Sambal Oelek-(chili paste) or hot sauce
- Authentic Indonesian peanut sauce is made with peanuts that are fried in oil, spices and ground.
- Substitute Tamarind Paste for lime juice if available to add a tart balance to spiciness.