Spice up this vegetable medley exactly to accommodate your own personal taste. This vegetable recipe calls for Italian seasoning, but use your culinary creativity and try your favorite combination of spices or check out the Tips to try a homemade Mexican or Indian seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onions, garlic, peppers, zucchini and eggplant. Add Italian seasoning mix and toss vegetables to coat.
- Preheat braiser pan on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 4 minutes, add vegetables, cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, approximately 4 minutes, reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add beans, stir and serve.
- Serve as a side dish, over couscous or brown rice, or wrapped in a tortilla with salsa.
- May replace Italian seasoning with Mexican or Indian seasoning.
- To make Mexican seasoning, combine 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro.
- To make Indian seasoning, combine 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ cup fresh cilantro.