12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
This one-dish meal has an exotic taste of the islands and it's rich in potassium and vitamin A, and low in sodium. Surprise your family or guests with this interesting and nutritious dinner.
rice, white or brown, follow package instructions and cook in MP5
chicken, boned, skinned, cut into 1 inch pieces
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
coconut milk, light
acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes, approximately 2 cups
fresh ginger, peeled and minced
red, green yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
banana, firm, sliced
flaked coconut, toasted, optional
peanuts, chopped, optional
- Place rice and water into electric roaster and set control to RIC1.
- Preheat electric skillet to 375°/107°C. Stir-fry chicken and onion until chicken is browned.
- Stir in coconut milk, squash, ginger, curry, cloves, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to 225°F/191°C, stir, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Stir in bell peppers and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until pepper is tender-crisp.
- Stir in banana and lime juice.
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and chopped peanuts.
- Toasted coconut and chopped peanuts are optional but really add to the flavor of the dish