This quick, easy and delicious chili has a new twist - a coffee accent. In less time than it takes to drive to a fast food store this low-calorie, high-fiber, high-protein, hot, healthy meal can be on your family’s table and you’ll be receiving ‘high-fives.’
- In roaster place, meat, onion and garlic and turn heat to medium and stir to blend. Continue to stir occasionally until meat is no longer pink, or in the case of beef, it is browned.
- Meanwhile, place instant coffee in small bowl. Heat water in tea kettle and when boiling, pour 1 cup/240mL of water over coffee granules and stir to blend.
- When meat is cooked place all remaining ingredients, including coffee, into roaster. Cover and when Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve hot.
- Using roasted diced tomatoes will add flavor.
- Serve with salad and folded, no-lard tortillas.
- Substitute plain yogurt for sour cream.