4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
small mixing bowl
Professional Natural Foods Chef & Board Certified Health Coach
Shredded Brussels sprouts and kale pair together in this easy and elegant side dish. Top off the dish with goat cheese chevre and toasted chopped walnuts.
walnuts, processed, use Cone #3
onion, julienned, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
Brussels sprouts, trimmed, processed, use Cone #3
salt and pepper to taste
kale, stems removed, chopped
goat cheese, chevre
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. When water sprinkled on skillet skitters and dissipates, approximately 5 minutes, add walnuts and toast for 3 - 5 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Shake skillet occasionally to evenly brown. Remove walnuts and place in bowl; set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and sauté approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions start to brown and become soft; onions may stick a little bit but this is fine. Add garlic and stir to combine. Sauté for approximately 2 more minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, stir together with onion and garlic, salt and pepper to taste and sauté for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add kale and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and add small teaspoons of goat cheese to top of mixture. Re-cover skillet and cook for an additional 1 - 2 minutes until goat cheese becomes softened. Top with chopped toasted walnuts and serve.
- This recipe makes a lovely vegetarian entree served on top of quinoa pilaf.
- Serve with a simple piece of baked or broiled fish.