Complete Gourmet Collection - 8.5 Qt. Roaster
Saladmaster Food Processor
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
This sweet and slightly spicy Korean beef cooks quickly when you use ground beef. This is an economical and family friendly one pot dish. Substitute vegetables for whatever you have on hand or what is in season or use frozen vegetables.
onion, strung, use Cone #2
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
ginger root, fresh, shredded, use Cone 31
button or baby bella mushrooms, washed, sliced, use Cone #4
carrot, trimmed and scrubbed, strung, use Cone #2
broccoli, set florets aside and use Cone #2 for the stems
lean ground beef
tamari, low sodium
brown sugar or coconut sugar
sesame oil, toasted
seasoned rice vinegar
scallions, thinly sliced
sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat roaster over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, stir and sauté for 3 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add carrots and broccoli stems, stir, cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add crumbled ground beef and stir into vegetables. Put lid on roaster and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine tamari, sugar, sesame oil, chili paste, rice vinegar and salt, stir to combine.
- Remove lid from roaster, stir meat and vegetables, breaking up meat a little bit more with your cooking spoon.
- Pour tamari mixture over top and stir.
- Place broccoli florets on top of meat and vegetables. The vegetables will fill pan up about ¾ way.
- Place lid on Roaster and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender, do not overcook, broccoli will continue cooking a little bit in pan as it sits. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed adding more chili paste if desired.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions.
- Serve as is or with steamed rice, grains or for a lower carbohydrate option with sautéed summer squash zoodles.
- Chef Note: Add in shredded green cabbage. Substitute ground beef for ground turkey.