Barbecue is a popular method of cooking in Korean cuisine. This barbecue sauce is sweet, salty, savory, spicy and tangy. Adjust the chili paste depending on how hot you like it. This is an easy sauce to brush on grilled or baked foods for a pop of flavor.
- Place soy sauce, water, brown sugar, Korean chili paste, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and scallions in Ultimate Culinaire.
- Turn heat to medium and bring mixture to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water and stir until it is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to simmering sauce and whisk to combine, turn heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Use sauce immediately or cool and store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use Korean barbecue sauce to brush on shrimp, thinly sliced grilled beef, grilled tofu or tempeh, portabella mushrooms, vegetables, chicken skewers or as a substitute for tomato sauce on pizza.