Saladmaster Food Processor
2 Qt./1.8L Sauce Pan with Cover
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Lubee or lubiyeh is a delicious green bean dish stewed in tomato with Lebanese spices. This is an easy to prepare side dish to accompany meat, fish, and poultry or served on its own.
garlic cloves, shredded, Cone #1
onion, sweet, Cone #2
green beans, fresh, trim off ends
tomato, diced with juices
fresh ground pepper to taste
goat milk feta cheese
- Preheat saucepan over medium heat until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 6-8 minutes until lightly golden, stir occasionally during sauteing.
- Wash green beans in a bowl of cool water and drain.
- Add green beans, cumin, cinnamon, paprika and salt to green beans and stir to combine.
- Pour diced tomato with juices over green beans and stir.
- Place lid on sauce pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily turn heat to low and cook for 18-25 minutes until beans are soft. Vary cooking time depending on how soft you like your beans.
- Taste and add fresh ground pepper as desired.
- Serve stewed green beans as is or top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Substitute fresh green beans for frozen beans
- Add cooked chick peas to saucepan and serve as a vegetarian entrée on top of quinoa or whole grain rice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with Lebanese bread