Saladmaster Food Processor
2 Qt./1.8L Sauce Pan with Cover
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
This simple dish requires very little preparation and cooks up quickly when you are looking for a healthful accompaniment to a quick meal. Salty capers and bright notes of lemon make this dish pop with flavor.
head cauliflower, cut into small florets (approximately 2 cups)
zucchini or yellow squash, processed, use Cone #3
1 - 2
(15 - 30
lemon juice, fresh
lemon, zest, use Cone #1
wild capers, drained
scallions, sliced thin (green and white part)
fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place cauliflower pieces in sauce pan, cover with water, and then drain excess water from cauliflower.
- Place zucchini on top of cauliflower in sauce pan.
- Place cover on sauce pan and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook approximately 8 - 10 minutes until tender crisp.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, zest, mustard, capers, scallions and salt. Stir vigorously to combine.
- When vegetables are done cooking, transfer to a serving bowl and pour dressing on top of vegetables. Toss vegetables to combine, taste and add extra seasonings as necessary.
- Add fresh ground pepper, if desired.
- Replace scallions with 1 tablespoon (6g) minced shallots.
- Add fresh minced dill, parsley or basil to dressing for additional flavor.
- Serve hot at room temperature. Pair with grilled fish or pan fried chicken breast for a light meal.
- Leftovers make a delicious cold salad.