A simple roasted chicken when it is juicy and tender is so delicious. Roasting stove top in the Grand Gourmet is easy and quick. Split a whole chicken, season generously and it’s done in 60 minutes. Natural pan juices, fresh herbs and baby tomato make a delicious and light sauce to serve along with it. Pair this with your favorite rice dish or a crusty loaf of sourdough bread.
- Preheat Grand gourmet on medium- high heat approximately 5-7 minutes or until several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate.
- While skillet is preheating, trim chicken, cut chicken in half lengthwise, removing backbone. Reserve backbone, chicken liver and neck for chicken broth.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme in a small bowl. Season chicken with mixture on both sides.
- Place seasoned chicken in pan, breast side down and press gently down. Place over on skillet leaving it slightly ajar. Cook for 15 minutes until well browned, carefully turn chicken over and place cover on skillet. Turn heat to low and cook for 45-55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Pour liquid out of skillet into a small bowl.
- Add garlic, tomato, rosemary to pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until tomatoes soften.
- Skim any fat off of top of reserved chicken juices and pour juices back into pan, add lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve a piece of chicken with pan juices and tomato over the top.
- Substitute lemon juice for white wine.