This recipe is a class favorite! It's delicious, filling and very healthy for you.
It is virtually fat-free, with less than 1 gram of fat per 1 cup serving. It's also very high in protein and fiber, with about 6 grams of each per serving. Lentils (like other beans) are a great source of iron and calcium as well.
- Preheat roaster over medium heat.
- Cut carrots, mushrooms, onion, celery and garlic directly into roaster and let cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cover.
- When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 35 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Serve over freshly cooked brown rice.