16 servings, 2 tablespoons (17 g each)
Cookie Sheet (12 ½ x 15 ½)
A classic Catalan sauce but with a healthy twist - the oil is removed. The only thing missing from this fabulous dip is the calories.
red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
green chilies, diced
tomatoes, drained and diced
red wine vinegar
- Place cut bell pepper pieces on cookie sheet and put under broiler for approximately 10-15 minutes. When edges are beginning to blacken, turn and roast other side for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into food processor with metal blade in bottom and blend until uniformly mixed.
- Place in serving bowl and wait for flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
- Do not substitute regular paprika for smoked paprika; it is important to enhance the full-flavor of this recipe.
- If purchasing canned diced-tomatoes look for fire-roasted - it's a nice addition to the flavor.
- This dip can be served with roasted cauliflower, crackers, chips or as a sauce for shrimp or fish.
- The recipe is shown with sliced potatoes that have been lightly browned – delicious combination.