This easy to make meal is high in calcium, vitamins, minerals and flavor. Broccoli is one of the best vegetables we can eat to get our calcium. And sesame seeds are chocked full of calcium as well. Plus, this delicious meal is low-fat and low-calorie - bon appetit!
- Place rice and water into electric roaster and set control on RIC2.
- In medium sized mixing bowl combine marinade of lime juice, honey, cilantro, green chili peppers, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Set aside. This may be done the day before and marinated overnight if desired.
- Preheat wok on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, place broccoli, red, yellow and orange peppers into wok and stir-fry until heated-crisp, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and marinade to wok and continue to stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, approximately 7 minutes. Chicken should not be pink inside.
- Place rice on plate, spoon stir-fry over rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Ingredients can be prepared the day before if desired (the chicken can be marinated and the vegetables can be cut).
- Can be served over noodles instead of rice.
- Leftovers are tasty wrapped in a tortilla.