Pumpkin season calls for a beautiful dessert that will amaze your dinner guests! This is a delicious and healthier layer cake that brings together the delightful flavors of pumpkin pie and cake - and because it's cooked in Saladmaster, no butter or oil is required!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Line bottom of MP5 with parchment paper. Preheat MP5 at 200°F/95°C.
- In a large bowl, blend together dry ingredients for the vanilla cake layer.
- In a small bowl, blend vanilla, eggs, yogurt and syrup. Combine mixture with dry ingredients until it forms a thick batter. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir pumpkin pie mix with eggs, milk and spice. Set aside.
- First pour vanilla batter into MP5, followed by pumpkin mixture over top.
- Set temperature to 305°F/150°C and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in MP5.
- Place a large serving platter over MP5 and carefully invert cake onto platter.
- Blend maple syrup with cream cheese until smooth. Spread a layer of frosting on cake and garnish with chocolate shaving or pecan pieces.
- For quicker preparation, use vanilla cake mix instead.
- Adding more maple syrup to cream cheese will create a glaze effect versus a frosting effect.
- Use #1 Cone of the Saladmaster Food Processor for chocolate shavings or pecan pieces.
- When using pure pumpkin (canned or puree), use 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice.