2 cups; 4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Certified Health Coach & Natural Food Chef
Ripe mangoes are a sweet, low-fat base for this tangy and light sauce. The ingredients and seasonings are inspired by Colombian cuisine. Serve this sauce warm or at room temperature. Spice it up as much as you like with cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
onion, strung, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
ripe mangoes, peeled, pulp cut off and medium dice
fresh cilantro leaves, minced
pinch of cayenne pepper or dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Heat sauce pan over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add mango, cumin, lime juice and salt. Mix to combine.
- Place cover on sauce pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low.
- Cook sauce for 20 - 25 minutes until mango is soft. Use a potato masher or back of a spoon to mash up mango.
- Taste sauce and add cilantro. Add cayenne pepper or hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve mango sauce with grilled vegetables, grilled shrimp, fish or pork tenderloin made on the Smokeless Broiler.