5 full servings
small mixing bowl
Oval Baking Dish
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious
This hearty squash dish will comfort you and leave you feeling full and happy. Eat locally, seasonally, and festively! Serve as a side dish, or chop up squash into smaller pieces for a warming appetizer at your holiday party.
coconut oil, melted
acorn squash, quartered and seeded
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 °F/177°C.
- In a bowl, combine the maple syrup and coconut oil and set aside.
- Place squash in shallow baking dish, cut side down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Turn cut side up, season with salt and pepper, dot with maple coconut glaze and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.