Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Qt./2.8 L Perforated Basket
11" Large Skillet with Cover
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
large mixing bowl
fresh parsley, chopped
fresh basil, chopped
fresh chives, chopped
egg white, slightly beaten
carrot, shredded, use Cone #1
stalk celery, strung, use Cone #2
onion, strung, use Cone #2
dry red wine
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, parsley, basil, chives, egg white and Worcestershire sauce. Shape mixture into small meatballs (approximately ¾-inch to 1-inch round).
- Place meatballs in steamer inset. Pour ½-inch of water in sauce pan and place steamer inset over water and cover.
- Place temperature on medium heat. When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to low. Allow meatballs to degrease 10 - 15 minutes.
- Stir meatballs once to get rid of excess fat. Scoop out onto a paper towel and pat dry (keep meatballs covered until ready to fry).
- Preheat electric skillet. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add meatballs. Fry each meatball on all sides until browned. Transfer to a serving dish.
- In large skillet, combine carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine and sugar.
- Cover and cook over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to low and cook an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
- For a smooth sauce, pour mixture into blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and serve.
- Serve these meatballs and sauce over pasta or rice.
- Sauce may be frozen.