Tomatoes can be harsh on the digestive system, so opting for the creamy, rich and nourishing texture of butternut squash is a much better option. It loads this soup full of vitamins and minerals.
Along with all the other veggies, whole grain pasta and beans, this soup eats like a meal! And also tastes great the next day!
- Sauté onion, garlic and salt in roaster over medium heat until soft.
- Add oregano and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add water and bay leaf.
- Add squash, parsnips and sweet potato. Cover and wait approximately 10 minutes, then add celery and zucchini. Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Stir vegetables until squash falls apart, or press squash up against side of roaster to break it down.
- Add in chopped chard.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add kidney beans and noodles. Stir a few more times and serve.