12 full servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experiences to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
Tomatoes can be harsh on the digestive system, so opting for the creamy, rich and nourishing texture of butternut squash is a much better option. It loads this soup full of vitamins and minerals.
Along with all the other veggies, whole grain pasta and beans, this soup eats like a meal! And also tastes great the next day!
Spanish onion, strung, use Cone #2
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
butternut squash, peeled and cubed
parsnips, peeled and sliced
sweet potato, peeled and cubed
celery, strung, use Cone #2
zucchini, cut into cubes
chard, roughly chopped
cooked kidney beans
cooked brown rice macaroni (optional)
- Sauté onion, garlic and salt in roaster over medium heat until soft.
- Add oregano and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add water and bay leaf.
- Add squash, parsnips and sweet potato. Cover and wait approximately 10 minutes, then add celery and zucchini. Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Stir vegetables until squash falls apart, or press squash up against side of roaster to break it down.
- Add in chopped chard.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add kidney beans and noodles. Stir a few more times and serve.