Cooking for a large crowd? It can't get any easier than making Goulash in the Saladmaster 9 Qt Braiser Pan! Full of beefy goodness and macaroni, you cannot go wrong with this meal. It will please even your pickiest eater!
See tips for how to defat ground meat by using the Saladmaster 3qt. Culinary Basket.
Hungry for more? Click here to experience a meal with Saladmaster.
- Preheat braiser pan over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Add the lean ground beef, cover and brown. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic and bell peppers and continue to cook until the onions are translucent. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the macaroni noodles and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add macaroni noodles in and stir to combine. Cover and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click turn heat down to low and cook for 10 -15 minutes until noddles are softened.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and green onions, optional.
- Instead of spending more money on lean ground beef, try cutting food costs by using the 3 qt. Culinary Basket or 3qt. Inset to defat regular ground beef. After setting meat in the basket (inset), simply place into a 3 qt. roaster filled with an inch of water. Set to medium heat and reduce to low once Vapo-Valve™ clicks. See link in recipe description for more details.