Saladmaster Food Processor
8" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Braised firm fleshed fish, such as cod, scrod and salmon is a good way to add flavor without extra fat. This dish is so quick to make, with the added Asian inspired flavors of tamari, ginger, rice vinegar and toasted sesame seeds it sure to be a winner.
cod, or scrod filet, cut into 2 portions
tamari or naturally fermented soy sauce, (reduced salt)
ginger, fresh shredded, Cone #1
lime juice, fresh
scallions, white and green part, sliced thin
red pepper, cut into thin strips
sesame seeds, toasted
chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat gourmet skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Season fish with a sprinkle of natural salt and spray top lightly with vegetable oil spray if desired.
- Place fish top side down into preheated gourmet skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Turn fish over carefully.
- In a small bowl mix together tamari, rice vinegar, water, ginger and lime juice and pour over top of fish.
- Sprinkle ½ of minced scallions and red pepper strips around and on top of fish.
- Place lid on fish and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily reduce heat to low and cook for 5-8 minutes until fish is flaky and cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Serve fish with red pepper strips and scallions, drizzle a small amount of pan juices over top of fish and around.
- Garnish with remaining fresh minced scallions and chopped cilantro if desired.
- Serve fish with lightly sautéed spinach and garlic or your favorite green vegetables.
- Serve with steamed brown rice.
- Add in a pinch of crushed red pepper to braising sauce for a spicy dish.