4 servings, approximately 4 ounces (113g), 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick each
11" Large Skillet with Cover
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Savor the natural flavors of a juicy steak without added fats or seasonings.
fillets, rib-eye, or strip steaks of your choice, 4 ounces (113 g) each
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 2 - 3 minutes, place meat in pan. If using the electric skillet, preheat skillet to 375°- 400°F/190°- 204°C. Meat may stick.
- Cook on one side until browned. It will loosen as it browns.
- Turn and cook until other side is browned. If desired, cover and cook until Vapo-Valve™ clicks. Reduce heat to low (for electric skillet, 275°-300°F/135°-148°C), and cook with cover ajar for approximately 5 - 10 minutes longer, or to desired doneness.
- For desired doneness cook according to the following recommendations (steak, boneless, 1-inch thick):
- Rare/red in center - 4 minutes on 1 side, 3 minutes on other side
- Medium rare-pink in center - 5 minutes on 1 side, 4 minutes other side
- Medium- slightly pink in center- 6 minutes on 1 side, 5 minutes other side
- Well-done/no pink in center - 7 minutes on 1 side, 6 minutes other side