8 - 10 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
Mega Skillet Limited Edition
medium mixing bowl
Professional Natural Foods Chef & Board Certified Health Coach
Visit the Mega Skillet Limited Edition product section of this site for more recipes.
boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
herb sea salt (herbamare)
red onion, small dice
garlic, peeled and sliced thin
zucchini squash, washed and processed, use Cone #3
yellow squash, washed and processed, use Cone #3
tomatoes, fresh, chopped (with juices)
kalamata olives, pit removed, chopped
pinch or more crushed red pepper
basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat Mega Skillet on medium heat for approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- While skillet is preheating place trimmed chicken thighs in a bowl with herb salt, oregano, basil and paprika. Toss seasonings with chicken to coat and season evenly.
- When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, place seasoned chicken thighs in skillet and press down gently. The meat will sear and stick to the skillet. Place cover on skillet, slightly ajar and allow chicken to cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the meat releases from the skillet. Turn chicken over, cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove chicken meat from skillet and place in a dish (the chicken will not be fully cooked yet).
- Add onion and garlic in skillet and let sauté for approximately 2 - 3 minutes or until it starts to brown lightly. Add zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, olives and a pinch or two of crushed red pepper. Stir to combine and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove cover and place partially cooked chicken pieces on top of vegetables, cover and cook for 4 - 6 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.
- Right before serving add fresh basil leaves and stir to incorporate.
- Serve this meal with pasta, a cooked whole grain (brown rice or quinoa) or as is with a large fresh green salad.
- Cook vegetables just until they are lightly softened and still maintain a nice firm texture and bright color.
- To reduce overall fat, substitute chicken breasts for chicken thighs.