Fish, a popular ingredient in Indonesian cuisine, is commonly baked, grilled, or roasted and prepared with spicy and fragrant sauces. Pan searing in the Chef's Gourmet Skillet is a quick way to prepare this dish without the use of any additional fats or oils.
Use the 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with your 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Place trimmed swordfish portions in baking dish in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, tamari, ginger, garlic, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over swordfish. Gently turn swordfish pieces over so they are coated with marinade. Cover dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Turn fish over a few times during marinating.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat until several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade. Place fish in skillet pushing fish pieces down gently with turner. Place 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover slightly ajar on skillet.
- Cook for 3 - 4 minutes until browned. Turn fish pieces over and cook for an additional 3 minutes with cover ajar on skillet.
- Remove cover, pour reserved marinade over fish and cook for a few minutes longer, until marinade reduces slightly.
- Serve swordfish as is or with sautéed spinach.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
- Serve with sliced avocado as it pairs nicely with the bright and spicy lime juice based marinade.