12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
large mixing bowl
Chef John Lara
Personal chef to former U.S. President
Easy, delicious and impressive this low-fat, low-sodium chicken dish will melt in your mouth!
chicken breasts, boned, skinned, and cut in half horizontally
- In food processor combine bread crumbs, cranberries, pecan, parsley, nutmeg and salt, and process until everything is crumbled and blended. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place each half chicken breast between waxed paper and pound with meat mallet until cutlets are approximately 1⁄4-inch thick.
- Coat each side of cutlet with seasoned breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat skillet on medium-low. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate place cutlets into pan. Sautè approximately 3 minutes, turn and sautè other side approximately 3 minutes. You will need to cook 4 cutlets at a time.
- Slice cutlet on the bias and serve with your favorite side-dish.