Saladmaster Food Processor
9" Small Skillet with Cover
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Cooking instructor, VegNews TV chef, and nutrition instructor
This pecan flip cake is rich, delicious and has less than 25% the fat of a typical coffee cake!
apple, strung, use Cone #2
whole-wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Remove detachable handles from small skillet and place inside oven to preheat.
- Once skillet is hot, carefully remove from oven by re-attaching the handles. Spread a single layer of pecans in bottom of skillet and layer apples on top. Drizzle with maple syrup and non-dairy milk.
- In double-walled bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt until evenly mixed. Add applesauce, agave and vanilla and stir until combined. Gently pour batter over apples and pecans and spread evenly. Place skillet in oven and remove handles.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the skillet for easy removal. Place platter over the top of the skillet, hold securely and carefully flip skillet and platter so the cake is on the platter. Lift the skillet off the cake. Allow to continue to cool or serve warm.
- You may preheat the skillet on stove top.