Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
5 Qt./4.7 L Gourmet Wok with Cover
The Cancer Survivor's Guide
The Cancer Project of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
Lycopene, a phytochemical in tomatoes, has been found to be protective against a growing list of cancers, most notably prostate cancer.
onion, processed, use Cone #3
chopped fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced, use Cone #4
fresh parsley, chopped
uncooked whole-wheat penne pasta (or brown rice pasta)
nutritional yeast or dairy-free (vegan) Parmesan substitute, optional
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add onions. Sauté for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add kale and tomatoes. Cover and cook. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add olives and parsley. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in roaster, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add kale mixture and toss gently. Serve immediately.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast or Parmesan substitute over top, if using.
- If using induction cooktop to prepare this dish, place wok on unit and preheat to 300°F/150°C.