8 - 10 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Quinoa is a fast cooking grain-like seed native to the Andes and has been a staple food for thousands of years. This delicious simple one pan meal is full of fiber and protein. Quinoa is gluten-free too.
onion, strung, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
stalks celery, sliced, use Cone #4
carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and sliced, use Cone #4
zucchini, medium dice
quinoa, rinsed and drained
queso fresco, cut into cubes, or mild feta cheese (optional)
scallions, white and green part, minced
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in roaster skitter and dissipate, add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes until softened.
- Add celery and carrots and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes, combining with onions and garlic.
- Add zucchini, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika and quinoa. Toss to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add vegetable stock and stir to incorporate.
- Cover roaster. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce heat to low and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover and add queso fresco, if using. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes.
- Taste quinoa stew and add extra salt if needed.
- Serve quinoa stew in bowls garnished with chopped scallions.
- Substitute zucchini for other seasonal vegetables, such as potato, butternut squash or green beans.
- Store leftover quinoa stew in the refrigerator for up to one week; it reheats well.