8 servings, approximately 1⁄2 cup (160 g) each
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
small mixing bowl
There will be a race to the dinner table when your family gets a whiff of the enticing aroma served up by this delicious dish - and the taste lives up to the tantalizing fragrance.
bell pepper, chopped
red onion, sliced, use Cone #4
green chile enchilada sauce
green chiles, diced
chicken or vegetable broth
green pepper sauce (optional)
brown rice, long grain
- Preheat electric roaster to 250°F/121°C.
- Add bell pepper and onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic and basil and sauté for 3 more minutes. Remove vegetables to small bowl.
- In the MP5 combine enchilada saucé, chiles, broth, water, green pepper sauce and pepper. Stir in rice and cover. Turn off MP5 and reset to RIC2 setting.
- When cooking cycle is complete, turn off electric roaster and reset to RIC1 setting (brown rice requires a longer cooking time). At the end of this cooking cycle let the rice rest 5-10 minutes before fluffing.
- Stir in cooked vegetables and diced tomato. Serve hot.
- Mix in cooked chicken, fish or tofu to create a tasty main dish.
- Blend with extra broth to make a savory soup.