Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Authorized Saladmaster® Dealer
- Place all cheese sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In 11" skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and portabellas until the mushrooms begin to exude their juices. Add garlic and sauté for one additional minute. Add kale, basil and water. Continue to sauté until the kale is wilted and tender and the water has evaporated.
- Add "cheese" sauce and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Check seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Cut the polenta into 1⁄4-inch thick slices. Line bottom of the electric skillet with half of the slices, overlapping slightly if possible.
- To layer, spread 1⁄2 cup (122 g) of the marinara sauce over the polenta. Spread the kale mixture over marinara sauce. Sprinkle olives over kale. Top with the remaining polenta. Spread remaining marinara sauce over the top and sprinkle with soy Parmesan.
- Place electric skillet temperature on 325°F/163°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks turn temperature down to 200°F/93°C and cook for 25 minutes.
- If you use packaged polenta, slice it into 18 thin slices. If you make your own polenta, spread the cooked polenta out on the baking sheet and, using a spoon or your moistened hands, spread polenta no thicker than 1/4-inch. When it has solidified, either cut it in half and use each half as one layer or cut it into an even number of pieces that you can fit into your Electric Oil Core Skillet.
- You can substitute spinach or other greens for the kale.
- The 12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet may be used to sauté the vegetables, and the 10" Electric Oil Core Skillet may be used for the lasagna.