This traditional Polish dish is a simple and quick recipe to throw together any night of the week. It can be used as a side dish or as a meal in itself! Substitute the sausage for meatless chorizo for a vegan alternative.
Hungry for more? Find a Dealer to try a Saladmaster Cooking Show:
- Preheat the roaster over medium heat for approximately 5-7 minutes or until several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate.
- Place sausage slices in the roaster and fry them on medium heat until they are golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the sausage has turned golden brown, add the onion, shredded cabbage and quartered potatoes. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and cover.
- When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks, turn the temperature down to low and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot and garnish with chives if desired.
- Substitute the sausage with meatless chorizo sausage for a vegan version.