Pork tenderloin is a lean, quick cooking and flavorful choice for this Mexican inspired stew. A dry spice rub adds delicious notes of smoky, spicy flavor without any additional fat. Prepare the stew in advance and reheat as part of an easy meal when entertaining or for a large gathering.
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from pork tenderloin and cut into 1 1⁄2 - 2 inch pieces.
- Combine oregano, cumin, salt, paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over pork pieces and toss well to combine.
- Preheat pan over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, add seasoned pork and brown pieces on all sides, approximately 6 - 8 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic. Stir to combine and sauté until brown.
- Add green chili peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken stock and corn. Stir to combine and cover.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes until pork is cooked through and tender.
- Serve stew with a variety of toppings and warm corn tortillas to dip or add into stew.
- Make a batch of corn tortillas with the Saladmaster Flatbread Pan to serve with stew: http://recipes.saladmaster.com/recipe/corn-tortilla,
- Offer an assortment of garnishes to add to the stew: queso fresco, cilantro, radish slices, hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cheese, tomatillo salsa and shredded lettuce.
- Substitute pork tenderloin for diced boneless pork shoulder.
- Substitute frozen corn for fresh corn, when in season.
- Add in additional vegetables such as diced potatoes or diced red and green peppers.