Add vegetables and fresh herbs to simple mashed potatoes to introduce your baby to new flavors. Vapor cooking in the culinary basket reduces cooking time and loss of important nutrients. This makes a nice side dish for your baby and family. Watch this video below to see how it's made!
- Place 2 cups of water in bottom of sauce pan.
- Add diced potatoes and cauliflower florets to culinary basket.
- Place basket in sauce pan and cover. Turn heat to medium.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are soft.
- Remove sauce pan and culinary basket from stove. Carefully remove cover and place handles on basket. Remove basket and transfer contents into a mixing bowl.
- Use a potato masher to mash together potato and cauliflower. Add vegetable stock to thin out mash. Add cheese, chives and salt. Mash to combine.
- Serve warm as is or add a small amount of grass fed butter to each serving.
- Substitute Yukon gold potatoes for red potatoes or garnet yams.