4 servings, approximately 1 cup each (170 g each)
Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Qt./2.8 L Perforated Basket
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
A scrumptious twist to a potato salad classic. This low-calorie, low-cholesterol, low-fat salad is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K and potassium. A light but filling salad this is a delightful side-dish that will have dill-lovers screaming for more!
red potatoes, small
Greek yogurt, plain, low-fat
fresh dill, chopped
red wine vinegar
red onion, thinly sliced, use Cone #4
cucumber, thinly sliced, use Cone #4
- Place approximately 1-inch of water in sauce pan with steamer inset. Place whole potatoes into steamer inset, cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks lower heat to medium-low to and cook approximately 30 minutes.
- In small bowl blend together yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are done (a fork can be easily inserted into potato) cut into bite-sized pieces and place in medium bowl.
- Add onion and cucumber and half of the dressing. Gently stir to coat. Add additional dressing to taste.
- When selecting cucumbers choose firm, well-shaped cucumbers dark green in color. They can be refrigerated in a plastic bag for up to one week.
- Dried dill can be substituted but fresh dill will really bring out the taste of the salad.
- If there is excess dressing, use as a dip for fresh cut vegetables.
- Vegans can substitute soy yogurt or Nayonaise in place of mayonnaise.