Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
coconut sugar, can use granulated sugar
coconut or almond milk
dash of ground cinnamon
fresh ginger, peeled and shredded, use Cone #1
golden raisins, optional
- Combine rice, almond milk, cinnamon stick, orange zest and salt in skillet. Over medium heat, bring ingredients to a simmer; reduce to low and cover.
- Cook approximately 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Keeping heat on low, stir in remaining ingredients and continue to cook for approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
- Before serving, remove cinnamon stick. Serve with cashew cream or vegan whipped topping and garnish with cinnamon.
- Substitute Arborio rice for short grain brown rice.