This popular melted cheese appetizer seasoned with tomato, spices, peppers and onion is a fun party food. Chorizo and other sausages are typically used to top the cheese dip. Queso Fundido is said to have originated in Mexico with many variations. Lighten up this decadent dish by substituting some of the cheese with pureed butternut squash; you won’t miss the extra fat and calories. Make this quick and easy using your Saladmaster Ultimate Culinaire!
Like what you see? Reserve your Ultimate Culinaire Special Offer before it expires!
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a small sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion, garlic, pepper, jalapenos and pinch of salt for 6-8 minutes until softened, stir frequently.
- Add butternut squash puree, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato and water. Cover Ultimate Culinaire and when Vapo-Valve ™ begins to click turn heat to low and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in cheese until melted and incorporated.
- Garnish Queso Fundido and serve warm with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables for dipping.
- Garnish top of Queso Fundido with cooked, chopped chorizo sausage.
- Steam peeled, diced butternut squash or frozen butternut squash cubes, for 3-5 minutes until softened and puree in blender for butternut squash puree.