Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
medium onion, processed, use Cone #3
large carrots, sliced or waffled, use Cone #4 or #5
medium leeks (white parts only), sliced, use Cone #4
large potato, processed, use Cone #3
rib celery, sliced, use Cone #4
diced tomatoes, undrained
green beans, broken into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
zucchini, processed, use Cone #3
shell-shaped pasta (or other pasta such as egg noodles, broken into pieces)
white kidney beans, canned, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper, to taste, optional
grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat electric roaster to 250°F/120°C. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add onion and sauté until tender.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a rolling simmer. Add carrots, leeks, potatoes, celery, tomatoes, green beans and zucchini. Return to a rolling simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles and kidney beans and stir to combine. Cover and continue to simmer for 15 minutes until noodles are done. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese as garnish, if desired.
- Season minestrone with chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, oregano or basil.