It’s easy to cook up a rich and flavorful marinara sauce. Avoid extra sodium and added sugar of store bought sauces. Choose organic plum tomato in BPA free cans or jars if available. Garlic, fresh herbs and simmer for 60 minutes for a delicious sauce to use right away or freeze.
- Pour tomatoes with juices into a large bowl. Use clean hands to gently crush tomatoes into small pieces.
- Put garlic, crushed plum tomato and juices, tomato paste, oregano, basil and fresh ground pepper, salt and wine (if using) into Ultimate Culinaire, stir thoroughly to combine.
- Place fresh basil sprigs into sauce.
- Cover pan with lid and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove lid, taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Add Extra Virgin Olive oil to sauce (if using) and stir to combine. If you like your sauce a little thicker cook for an additional 15 minutes with the lid off.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of crushed chili peppers to the basic sauce for a spicy Italian style Arrabiata sauce.
- Serve this rustic chunky sauce with larger shaped pasta, penne, rigatoni or shells to catch all of the sauce.
- Puree sauce after it’s cooked with immersion style blender or in a blender for a smoother texture.
- Serve sauce with pasta, on top of pizza; simmer chicken or pork in sauce. Add sauce to sautéed greens or to layer into classic eggplant parmesan.