12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
small mixing bowl
Joseph Gonzales, R.D.
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Quick, easy, delicious and healthy - a one-dish meal is also perfect for a busy schedule. You can even chop the vegetables a day or two ahead.
Watch the recipe video for additional nutrition information regarding the ingredients in this recipe.
carrots, waffled, use Cone #5
onion, strung, use Cone #2
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
mushrooms, sliced, use cone #4
red bell pepper, diced
cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
spicy chili paste
brown rice, cooked
- Place all vegetables and beans in electric skillet.
- Place water, soy sauce, agave nectar, chili paste and cornstarch in small bowl and mix. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover and set electric skillet temperature to 350°F/180°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to 180°F/80°C and cook for approximately 5 minutes until vegetables are cooked-crisp.
- Serve vegetables over brown rice.
- Delicious the next day.
- Use leftovers to make vegetable wraps.
I love to fix this once a week...especially if I'm busy. A nice variation is to substitute water with orange juice to create a sweet & sour flavoring. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and dinner is ready to go :-)