8 servings, 1⁄2 quesadilla each
10" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
These delicious quesadillas are quick and easy to whip-up for appetizers or for the kids when they come home from school. Add a salad and this can be a light and simple dinner.
green onions, thinly chopped
- Preheat the electric skillet to 350°F/177°C.
- Place 1 tortilla in the electric skillet and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until desired crispiness.
- On the second tortilla, spread a thin layer of hummus.
- Spread 1⁄4 cup salsa over hummus with a spoon or fork. Sprinkle with 1⁄4 of the green onions.
- Remove first tortilla from the electric skillet and place on the top of the second tortilla.
- Place the entire "quesadilla" into the electric skillet, with the uncooked tortilla on the metal surface, and cook for 3-5 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Slice into 4 equal pieces and serve.
- This is an infinitely versatile recipe to which almost any vegetable or shredded cheese (non-dairy for vegan) can be added. Try diced tomatoes, shredded carrots or finely chopped broccoli.