Quinoa is a gluten-free, grain-like seed that is a rich source of protein. Quinoa cooks quickly in 16 minutes and mixes well with fruits, berries and vegetables for a tasty breakfast cereal, side dish or entrée for your baby and the rest of the family.
- Add rinsed quinoa, water, salt and cinnamon to sauce pan. Place cover on pan and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 14 - 16 minutes. Turn heat off and let quinoa rest with cover on for 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and vanilla. Mash mixture together with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
- Serve quinoa cereal warm or at room temperature. Garnish with fresh blueberries or add blueberries to cereal and mash into smaller pieces with potato masher to combine.
- Substitute banana for ½ cup unsweetened applesauce or pear sauce.
- Use a little bit of breast milk or water to cereal for a thinner consistency.
- Puree quinoa, banana and blueberries in food processor for smooth cereal.
- Top cereal with a little coconut oil or grass fed butter for added nutrition.