4 full servings
4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
Quinoa is very high in protein, iron and calcium and makes an excellent base to any meal!
You can learn more about Marni by visiting her Facebook and Twitter page, or www.marniwasserman.com.
chopped tart apple (granny smith or pear)
- Rinse quinoa well under running water. Place in roaster and dry toast until all water has evaporated.
- Add two cups of water and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- When the quinoa has cooled, transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add celery, cranberries, walnuts and apples.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together lemon juice, orange juice and rind, garlic, mustard and oil and toss over salad.
- This quinoa makes a great side dish or it can be a full meal by adding some beans or tofu on top.