11" Large Skillet with Cover
small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
beefsteak tomatoes or large tomatoes
eggs, lightly beaten
whole kernel corn
minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and reserve pulp. Sprinkle inside of tomatoes with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and remaining salt and pepper. In a separate large bowl, combine eggs, cream, corn and butter. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into tomatoes. (Note: mixture will be soupy but will thicken when cooked.)
- Arrange stuffed tomatoes in skillet. Cover and turn temperature to medium heat. When the Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of corn soufflé comes out clean.
- Sprinkle each stuffed tomato with parsley before serving.
- When scooping out the pulp from the tomatoes, be careful not to puncture the skin of the tomato as the soufflé mixture will run through.
- Store reserved tomato pulp in refrigerator for use in homemade pasta sauce, soups, or other recipes that call for tomatoes as an ingredient.